Borax Ant Killer
1 c. White Sugar
1/3 c. Borax (This is laundry booster that can be purchased at super market, hardware store, etc)
Here is a link to a known product on Amazon (Link here)
1/3 c. Warm Tap Water
1/3 c. Maple Syrup
- Mix Borax and sugar together removing all lumps.
- Add water and stir.
- Add maple syrup.
- Place a spoon-full or two of the mixture onto paper plate, or into small containers with a top, such as a baby food jar.
- Poke enough holes in the top so the ants have access in/out and can smell the mixture.
- Place the ant traps where you know ants are coming in, then sit back and wait.
- You can also place the traps outside - though be careful with dogs, cats and kids.
- Once the line of ants has formed, let them come on in - they will probably lose interest in anything other than the bait.
- Within a day or so, the line of ants will disappear and your ant problem should be gone.
The mixture tends to harden after a couple of days - and can be revived by stirring.
Other helpful ant tips - They do not like Cinnamon or Baby Powder, and will not cross a line of either.